I’ve got a confession to make. I used to absolutely hate slogan accessories. Whenever I would see one in somebody’s house, I’d cringe at how tacky and hippy-ish it seemed to me, to have little phrases and uplifting quotes arpound the house – you know the ones I mean… Keep calm and…WHATEVER (rolls eyes), or ‘Home is where the heart is’. I just really hated them and thought they were so NOT me at all. But here we are, all quote-y… so what’s changed?
Well, to be honest, as I’ve gotten older and learn to experience real life, full of it’s ups and downs, I’ve come to enjoy the odd uplifting or inspiring note around the house. Something that acts as the occasional reminder to keep my chin up, or something that makes me smile/laugh out loud (these are my favourite). It also helps MASSIVELY that slogan and quote accessories are 1,465,687 times better than those tacky ones I used to see. You can find so many hilarious, simple, or sweet quotes for the home (I would know, I have many), and so I thought I’d share some of my favourites that I’ve come across.
1. ‘Turn off your straightener’ doormat – Etsy, £26.95
2. ‘Do small things with great love’ cushion cover – H&M, £6.99
3. Positivity canvas – Next, £25
4. ‘Follow your own path’ photo album – Urban Outfitters – £18
5. ‘She believed…’ mug – Not On The High Street, £9.95
6. ‘Dream On’ banner – Urban Outfitters – £100
7. ‘C’est la vie’ cushion cover – H&M, £6.99
8. ‘Make the days count’ frame – Next, £35
Do you love a slogan accessory? What’s your favourite from my pick?